Paper Camellia: Today

Yesterday was my turn at Paper Camellia's blog. As you probably have noticed, I love using white cardstock as my background but this time I wanted to challenge myself to use pattern paper more. The woodgrain paper from Crate Paper (included in the main kit) was a perfect background for this layout.


I wanted to bring some brightness to the background with paint. I used gesso and painted a section of the paper with it. I knew that I would place my photo and paper on top of the paint so I made sure the painted part was large enough. This is a great way to make you photo pop from the patterned background!




I just love how Paper Camellia’s kits make scrapbooking easy!

Materials: Paper Camellia's April main kit and add-on (Crate Paper)

1 comment

  1. I love how you use mixed media so sparingly that it completely suits your style. I love this wood grain paper and the kit looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!